Saturday, August 25, 2007

what summer '07 was made of

Listening to: Nothing, this subject line comes from my own head, for once.

Summer '07 was the best summer I've had in all 14 years of my life. I bring you a list of what it was for me:

Baseball games, jeans on hot days, Nutrigrain bars, Harry Potter Party Hopping, Mitchell's, wandering, Boobsketballers, manicures, tan lines, summer gym, Linda Atwood, dinosaur sprinkles, surprise parties, everyone else's love lives, lots of playgrounds, Legacy, ice cream sandwiches, all roads lead to Mitchell's/Border's, the Once and Future King, the Shins, "I want Harry to die", the Office, stalking, stray cats, Golem!, band tee shirts, long walks, boy's houses, What Ori Thinks, the Bunch Up Bandit, Bloody Mary, "It was a double date, but I didn't have a date", staved fingers, limited correspondence, late nights, AIM, Double D, the Handbag Queen, subtle hints, not so subtle hints, I Was Drugged and Left For Dead In Mexico and All I Got Was This Stupid Tee Shirt, DIY, adventuring, avoiding work in the garden, sleeping in late, no breakfast, Vitamin Water, new obsessions, my haircut, V left for college, couting coins, Hot Rod, stale popcorn, A's my slave, we're not cut out for the great outdoors, Papa John's, oh it's so gloomy, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity", Butt-Lien, trampolines, barbeques, the great travelling iPod, soccer camps, the Date Babysitter, Seven Days and a Morning, free Chipotle, money!, "pause...not", Keane, School Spirit Isn't That Great, we're pathetic, spin it, Bedazzling: the Craft of Cults, kickass, shiny/masterly/killin'/pinin'/of polish descent, clubbing French kids, second base before first, lawlz, "I don't value their opinions", I Am McLovin', Keep The Powder Dry and Suffer No Fools, running into teachers is majorly awkward, Pink Floyd Is Deep, does anyone really care?, Pip, waterguns, book parties, cutting it close, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, She's Not Moving, "why is that weird smoker kid following us?", Shoeman, Willis, our one stomping routine, Cupcake Escape, actually forgetting what people look like, why some people REALLY need haircuts...

I'll finish this up later. I don't expect anyone to get it, and I don't think my friends will get all of it. It's mostly for me, anyways. Feel free to make guess, though.

No comments: