Monday, August 6, 2007

how can we win when fools can be kings?

Listening to: Knights of Cydonia by Muse.

I finally got my hands on a copy of Spark Notes for my summer reading, The Once and Future King, by TH White. For those of you who haven't read it (and I envy you), it's basically TH's take on the famous legend of King Arthur. There are four books, all published in one volume. I have only read the first book, and am in the middle of the second. This is not going to go well.

I saw my cousin, B, last week while in Jersey. He just graduated college and is joining the Israeli army - in fact, he left today. We were talking with him about our summer assignments, and he gave us some reassurance about the reading:

"Whatever, Cliff Notes are fine. I never read anything in college except those and bullshitted my way through the rest."

My brother, N: "You're a role model."

No comments: