Wednesday, August 8, 2007

wake up in water, you know where you've been

Listening to: The Summer is Coming by Matt Pond PA

I think I'm in love.

I was looking at a bunch of WikiHow articles - they are the most hilarious things ever. They have articles with titles such as "How To Have A Secret Locker" and "How To Dress Like the Cool Hannah Montana". Anyways, they had something about broadening your musical tastes, with a bunch of external links. Most I had heard of, like PureVolume. But they had something else: www.pandora.com

Basically, you give it a couple artists or songs you like, and it'll give you more music based on the samples you've given them. This is why they picked The Summer is Coming: "it features a subtle use of vocal harmony, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, major key tonality, acoustic rhythm guitars and many other similarities identified by the music genome project."

I'm not entirely sure what that all means, but it sounds about right. Omigod, they just started playing We Looked Like Giants, by Death Cab. And best of all, it's all free. You can pay for it on the go, or something like that. I'm going to seriously consider that because I'm kind of obsessed with this now.

1 comment:

Grania said...

I'm so addicted to Pandora, it plays good music that I love, but never bought because I didn't know the title/artist/album name or whatever.