Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the sky is falling down

Listening to: Colder by Travis

Blech. These past two days have been beyond boring. My friends should not have joined sports teams, because they leave me for two-a-days, while I sit and contemplate burning the Once and Future King. (My fantasy includes all my friend's copies, a bonfire, and primitive dancing.) Honestly, we should be burning that instead of Harry Potter. It's so much more dangerous. Has anyone ever felt the urge to stick sharp objects in their eyes while reading HP? I didn't think so.

I'm not entirely sure when school starts, which is not a good thing. I thought it was in a week, but apparently it's in two? I don't know. We have a freshman orientation next week, followed by a barbeque, followed by a football game, where we watch them get creamed. Again. (Last season's record was 0-10. We are quite pathetic.) Um, I don't love my school that much. I might just end up ditching after the barbeque if it's too hot or rainy or something. I'm not going to suffer for B Wood.

Also planned for school spirit activities: a pool party planned by the upperclassmen. Also not looking forward to this too much. I'm not going swimming, and I'll probably end up moving the party (at least my friends) over to my house, away from all that. I'm not one of those weird, antisocial outcasts (God, J is the class president), it's just that me and my friends have our own thing. Which does not include awkward pool parties.

No comments: